Who doesn’t like being more efficient and saving time? Especially when it comes to activities in the classroom? There are so many things that have to get done during the school day and a lot of different things that you have to teach your students, so being able to save time on the day-to-day tasks in the classroom is extremely important.
Even though it seems small, using keyboard shortcuts in the classroom does save time, and every small bit of time adds up to a good chunk. Keyboard shortcuts help yourself and your students navigate computers more efficiently. Earlier, we talked about keyboard shortcuts for Chromebooks devices. Since some of you have windows devices in your classroom, we are going to go over the Windows keyboard shortcuts you need to know.
Windows Keyboard Shortcuts
- Alt + Tab = Switch between open tabs
- Alt + F4 = Close the active item
- F3 = Search for a file or folder
- Alt + Esc = Cycle through items in the order that they were open
- Alt + Left Arrow = Go back
- Alt + Right Arrow = Go forward
- Ctrl+Shift+Esc = Open Task Manager
- Ctrl + A = Select all items in a document or window
- Ctrl + D = Delete the selected item in a document or window
- Ctrl + Shift With an Arrow Key = Select text
- Esc = Quit current task
Save More Time with Classroom Management
Just like keyboard shortcuts can save you time in the classroom, so can classroom management software. It helps you monitor your students’ devices in real-time, while also managing your students’ devices with a few simple button clicks. Netop Vision offers a free trial. No credit card required!
To learn more about classroom management, check out Managing Windows Devices in a 1:1 Environment.