Has your school gone 1:1 with Chromebooks or Windows devices? We've rounded up five tips to keep students on-task by using classroom management software to recapture classroom time.
What is Classroom Management Software?
Classroom management software allows you to monitor and manage your students devices in the classroom. It makes it easier to keep your students on task and focused on learning. Software like Netop Vision gives you the appropriate tools to redirect students' attention and scaffold their learning.
5 Tips to Recapture Classroom Time
1. Engage students by sharing your screen – create a collaborative classroom. Share your screen on all student devices, creating a collaborative environment and facilitating learning by giving every student a front row view. No struggling to see the screen from the back row or for students with special needs. Plus, it eliminates the need for projectors or handouts – saving paper.
2. Block websites that detract from learning – keep students on-task. It’s time to put an end to YouTube in the classroom once and for all. And those distracting videos, apps and games? They’ve got to go. Create a list of approved websites for your class and apply the filter, ending disruptions in your class. Manage websites on a class-by-class basis, providing additional controls beyond the school’s internet filter and keeping students safe.
3. Create a list of approved websites to accompany your lesson plan – focus students on learning. Use the technology in your classroom to improve class grades and overall learning. Create a list of approved websites for the day that complement your lesson plan and enhance learning, while blocking all others. When students try to go to an unapproved website they receive a blocked message and are redirected to the list you created.
4. Lock down student web access to one site only for testing – stop cheating in class. Prevent cheating during tests by locking down student web access to one site for testing. If students attempt to google answers or go to another website, they will be unsuccessful, plus you see their attempts from your desktop in real time. You can also detect if students try to pull up documents from their computer. For a closer look, zoom in on any screen for a live view.
5. Create various levels of learning – connect with students without disrupting others. Customize student learning by discreetly assisting students who are struggling with the lesson or have special needs by sending them a private message. Redirect the classroom or notify individual students of an approaching deadline. Dismiss advanced students from class for independent learning or into another class.
About Netop Vision
Since 1981, Netop has been developing market-leading education software solutions. Their remote access, screen-sharing, and video chat technologies connect educators and businesses to computers and smart devices. The easy-to-use Vision for Chromebooks and the Office 365-compatible Vision 365 for Windows are the go-to software for classroom management. With Vision, educators can monitor screens in their classrooms, redirecting attention back to the lesson as needed. Vison helps teachers encourage better student engagement and improved performance, while saving time in the classroom. Available in 13 languages, the platform connects more than 6 million teachers and students worldwide.
To learn more about Netop’s Vision classroom management software, visit www.netop.com/edu