What is the main goal of an educator? In most cases, it is to provide students a good education and make an impact on their lives. There are so many different things that go into that goal. From providing resources, providing emotional support, and more, teachers have their hands full.
Schools have been integrating technology into schools for a while now. Now that distance learning and hybrid learning is becoming the norm, the use of technology is increasing. With that increase comes an increase in the need to keep your students safe while using technology and the internet.
Student safety web filters are an easy and beneficial way of keeping your students safe while online during class time. Let’s take a look at exactly what web filters are and why they are helpful.
What is a Student Safety Web Filter?
Student safety web filters are content filtering tools that keep students safe online. Vision’s web filter tool, Vision Student Safety is the new reliable and affordable content filtering tool designed for Chromebooks. Vision Student Safety:
- Is CIPA Compliant – Providing worry-free protection against offensive online content.
- Provides Remote Protection – Your distance or remote learning programs are safe and secure.
- Is Simple to Set Up – Any admin on your google account can set up Vision student safety in minutes.
- Is Cloud-Based – There are no up-front costs for hardware. It proves more flexibility and scalability.
- Provides Browsing Activity (Available Fall 2020) – See websites students visited during class sessions.
- Provides Contextual Analysis (Available Early 2021) – This is AI-powered, with real-time protection.
They Keep Students Safe
One of the major parts of keeping students safe during class time is making sure that they are viewing content on their devices that is safe and appropriate. Student safety web filters allow educators and schools to block harmful web content from their students’ devices.
They Give you Peace of Mind
When you install student safety web filters, you can rest a little easier. Because web filters allow you to block your students from seeing harmful content while on their school-provided devices, you can worry less about what your students are viewing.
They Make the Process Easier
Student safety web filters make keeping your students safe on their devices easier. They give you a way to block a large amount of harmful content at once. Web filters cut down the time it takes to make sure your students are viewing appropriate content.
Want to learn more about distance learning? Check out 4 Classroom Management Tips for Remote Learning and the New School Year.